Privacy and cookie statement of Firely B.V.
1 November 2019
This is the privacy- and cookie statement for the website (www.simplifier.net) and the software and services of Firely B.V. (hereafter: “Firely”, “we”, “our” or “us”). If you use our software and services, we (and third parties engaged by us) will process certain privacy-sensitive information of you. This may include personal data. Firely is committed to process your personal data in a careful manner.
This privacy- and cookie statement explains to you what information is collected, for which purposes it is used and how your personal data is further handled. Firely recommends you to read this privacy- and cookie statement carefully. Please note that Firely may update the privacy- and cookie statement from time to time.
During the processing of personal data Firely adheres to the requirements of the applicable data protection legislation, including the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This means, inter alia, that we:
- clearly specify our purposes before we process personal data, by using this privacy- and cookie statement;
- limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data needed for legitimate purposes;
- first ask for explicit permission to process your personal data in cases where your consent is required;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and demand the same from parties who process personal data on our behalf;
- respect your rights such as your right to access, correct or delete your personal data held by us.
If you have any questions regarding the processing of your personal data, you can find the contact details of Firely at the end of this privacy- and cookie statement.
Certain features of our services require you to register an account beforehand. You can directly register an account via the website. During the registration process, you will have to provide some information about yourself and choose a username and password for the account that we will set up for you.
For this purpose, we use your name and address details, phone number, email address, gender (for proper salutation), social-media accounts (optional, for your display profile) and other professional details such as your profession or the company you work for (optional, for commercial purposes).
We process this personal data because of our agreement with you. We will retain this personal data so that you do not have to re-enter it every time you visit our website or use our software and services, in order to contact you in connection with the execution of the agreement, for invoicing and payment purposes, and to provide an overview of the software and services you have purchased from us. Your personal data will be stored in your account until you close your account. You can close your account at any time by sending this request via an email to email@example.com.
We also use your contact information for commercial purposes if you use one of our paid services to inform you by means of direct marketing about our other services and upcoming events. We do this on the basis of our legitimate interest. We provide the option to opt-out for these messages. If you use our services free of charge, you can sign up for, for example, our newsletter.
You can object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes at any time by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by the opt-out hyperlink in direct marketing e-mail messages.
Furthermore, you have the choice to sign up for updates of an organization or a project that can be found on the website. We process the relevant personal data on the basis of your consent.
It is also possible that you will receive an invite from another user for an organization or a project or when an issue has been created on a project. We process the relevant personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest.
When you register an account on our website, this account can also be used to obtain and manage licenses for our (paid) software and services. After you obtained a license via the website, you can directly login to the specific software or service by using your account. The software or service will automatically verify if you have a valid license.
We log the following relevant data:
- when you perform actions for the benefit of a particular project on the website;
- when you create an account;
- when you obtain a specific license;
- when you download our software for commercial purposes;
- when you log in to our software with your login details.
We process the personal data on the basis of our legitimate interest.
You can use the e-mail address stated on the website to ask questions or make any request. For this purpose, we use your name and address details and any other personal data you provide to us. We need this personal data to evaluate your request and to respond. We store this information until we are sure that you are satisfied with our response.
Switch off cookies
You have the possibility to switch off the cookies on the website. You should check your browser settings to accomplish this. However, switching off cookies may result in a decrease of the functioning of the website.
Cookies have an expiration date. After this date, the cookie will no longer register your data collected during your visit on the website. You can also manually delete cookies before they expire. You should check your browser settings to accomplish this.
The following cookies are placed:
- Session cookie: We use this cookie to ensure that user remains logged in.
- Anti-forgery token (forms): We use this cookie to ensure that the form that holds the data was generated by us.
- Workflow cookies: in some scenarios we use workflow cookies to keep track of workflow states.
Providing personal data to third parties
We collaborate with other organizations, that may receive your personal data. If applicable, those third parties will process your personal data according to our instructions and under our responsibility and in accordance with this privacy- and cookie statement. We only share your personal data with third parties located outside of the EU in accordance with the rules set out in the GDPR.
We share data with the following parties:
- Our IT service providers (such as our hosting, email and CRM provider);
- Our providers of analytics services;
Except for the parties mentioned above, we do not under any circumstance provide your personal data to other companies or organizations, unless we are required to do so by law (for example, when the police demands access to personal data in case of a suspected crime).
We will only publish your personal data on your public profile and linked to public actions you perform on the website. We do this on the basis of your consent.
We take security measures to reduce misuse of, and unauthorized access to, personal data. We take responsibility in the security of your personal data. We renew our security measures to ensure safe storage of personal data and keep track what might go wrong.
Changes to this privacy- and cookie statement
We reserve the right to modify this statement. We recommend that you consult this statement on a regular basis, so that you remain informed of any changes.
Inspection and modification of your personal data
- Right of access: you have the right to see what kind of personal data we processed about you.
- Right of rectification: you have the right to rectify any personal data we have processed about you, if this information is (partially) wrong.
- Right to complain: you have the right to file a complaint against the processing of your personal data by us, or against direct marketing.
- Right to be forgotten: you can file a request with us to remove any personal data we processed of you.
- Right to data portability: if technically possible, you have the right to ask us to transfer your processed personal data to a third party.
- Right to restriction of processing: you can file a request with us to (temporarily) restrict the processing of your personal data.
If you exercise any of the rights mentioned above, we may ask you to provide proof of your identity to confirm it is your personal data. We will usually comply to your request within 30 days. This term can be extended if the request is proven to be complex or tied to a specific right. You will be notified about a possible extension of this term.
If you think that we are not helping you in the right way, you have the right to lodge a complaint at the authority. For the Netherlands, this is the Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens.
Bos en Lommerplein 280
1055 RW Amsterdam
Phone number: +31 20 2461 241