Firely Terminal is a cross platform command line tool with a range of commands for working with FHIR resources and installing and publishing FHIR packages.
1. Install the .NET SDK:
Make sure version 6.0 or later is installed. If you run into issues see the trouble shooting page.
2. Install Firely Terminal
- Interact with FHIR servers: get, put, post, search
- Write/read FHIR resources to/from disk
- FHIR STU3, R4, R4B and R5
- Install, create and manage FHIR packages
- Bundle resources, and split bundles
- Snapshot generation, ValueSet expansion
- Transform resources to xml or json
- Resolve canonical URLs
- Profiled resource validation
- Simplifier project synchronization
- Filter resources (using FhirPath)
- FQL FHIR data querying
- QC Quality Control and bulk validation
- Bake package publication pipeline
- YAMLGen Reosurce / Example generation
To learn more, you can read more about it in our documentation. You can get brief documentation /help in the tool, like this:
> fhir ?
> fhir [command] ?
> fhir spec r4
Now using FHIR specfication R4
> fhir server add fs https://server.fire.ly
New FHIR server alias added.
> fhir read fs Patient/f201
Resource Patient/f201 pushed on the stack.
> fhir save patient.json
Resource from top of stack saved as patient.json
> fhir search fs Observation _count=20
20 resources where pushed on the stack
> fhir bundle
Pushed bundle on the stack
> fhir resolve http://hl7.org/fhir/StructureDefinition/Patient
Resource found in Simplifier. Pushed on the stack.
> fhir query "from Patient select name.given, name.family"