Change to the implementation guidance are recorded on this page.
1.3.6-private-beta (October 2023)
- Updates made to definition of current medication to align with FCI publication
1.3.5-private-beta (August 2023)
- Guide title changed to "Implementation guide for interoperable medicines"
- Where possible, referenced to NHS Digital changed to NHS England
- Broken links to external online resources fixed
- Merge and consolidation of the Reference Architectures and Shared Record Architectures pages within the Design section
1.3.4-private-beta (July 2023)
- Guidance for use of Dosage.text amended for improved clarity
- Guidance for use of Dosage.patientInstruction added
1.3.3-private-beta (Nov 2022)
- Value set for route codes amended to align with UKCore.
- Guidance for use of Dosage.text amended.
- Guidance on
whentiming instructions related to meals is under review...
1.3.2-private-beta (May 2022)
- Guidance added for dosage "at least" and "up to" timing instructions, with associated guidance for translating a
highas "for at least..."
- Guidance added for dosage "up to" for timing instructions, with associated guidance for translating to text. Note a dosing (not timing) instruction of "at least" is possible with FHIR but not recommended within an implementation.
- Infusions guidance and examples updated based on engagement with the Interoperable Medicines Working Group.
- Section within Known Dosage Structure Limitations updated for periods of no medicines administration.
- Guidance added for unknown clinical trial medications
1.3.1-private-beta (February 2022)
- Specific infusion examples added.
- Corrections to some existing examples.
- Drafting notes added to the Dose to Product translation process to include relevant AMPs.
1.3.0-private-beta (November 2021)
- Dosage implementation guidance incorporated from the previously separate Dosage implementation guide.
- Design Overview updated.
- Shared Medication Record Architectures updated to include the Persisted Single and Only Architecture architecture option.
- Interactions moved to the 'Build' menu.
- Referencing FHIR Resources updated to highlight the differences between a FHIR Messaging and FHIR RESTful implementation.
1.2.0-private-beta (May 2021)
- Updated Required (R) flag to be Must Support (MS) for consistency with other guides
- Dedicated area for use-cases added
- Additional examples added (Cedeep Laya and Chris Packet) to support use-cases
- Updated packages to reference FHIR UK Core (R4)
- Slight restructure of guidance for readability
- Homepage added
- NHS Digital Corporate branding added
1.1.0-private-beta (April 2021)
- Added to Simplifier
- Extended guidance on API architecture and patterns
- Added guidance for
- Added draft guidance for
MedicationStatementand remains WORK-IN-PROGRESS
- Added draft guidance for
MedicationAdministrationand remains WORK-IN-PROGRESS
- Amended guidance for
Practitionerto align with the FHIR implementation of the Electronic Prescription Service for the use of professional codes as an
- Forked from the STU3 / CareConnect ePMA Implementation Guidance
1.0.0-discovery (July 2020)
- First version published covering
MedicationRequestand the referenced resources of