UK Core Implementation Guide 1.0.0 - STU1
Project Description and Scope.
The UK Core Implementation Guide as a project aims to provide UK wide FHIR implementation guidance that has applicability across jurisdictions and care settings.
The guidance includes:
- FHIR Resource profiles and extensions
- FHIR Terminology components including ValueSets and CodeSystems
- Other general guidance useful to FHIR implementers in the UK
The guidance does not form the basis for a completely described deployable service in and of itself but is the basis from which other FHIR implementation guides can be derived.
The content is relevant to the UK as a whole (4 Nations) although some nation specific CodeSystems are included and referenced in ValueSets.
Implementation Guidance Directory
The Implementation Guidance Directory
contains links to other guidance and documentation which is available to assist Implementers of the UK Core.
This guidance covers items such as:
- Version history and change control information.
- Information around the design and approach of the UK Core.
- Information to help identify clinical safety issues.
- Further implementation guidance related to medication that has been developed by NHS Digital.
How to Read This Guide
This Guide is divided into several pages which are listed at the top of each page in the menu bar.
- Home: The home page provides the introduction and background for UK Core.
- Guidance: The Guidance page provides the sitemap of UK Core IG.
- DataType Guidance : This page gives guidance on the representation of constructs like Address, Name, and Telecom etc.
- CodeableConcept Guidance: This page gives guidance on the processing of CodeableConcept codes such as SNOMED CT concepts and descriptions.
- Profiles and Extensions: The header for pages about Extensions and Profiles
- Terminology: This page lists all the Terminology assets defined as part of this Implementation Guide.
- ConceptMaps: This page lists all the ConceptMaps defined as part of this Implementation Guide.
- ValueSets and CodeSystems: This is the list of ValueSets and CodeSystems defined for use within the UK Core.
- All ValueSets: This is the list of all ValueSets defined for use within the UK Core.
- All CodeSystems: This is the list of all CodeSystems defined for use within the UK Core.
- Examples: The header for examples of UK Core FHIR assets.
- Contact Us: How to Contact the key parties associated with this implementation guide.
- Downloads: List of downloads for this implementation guide
- Glossary: List of abbreviations and external links used in this implementation guide
Licensing and Publisher
Copyright © 2021+ HL7 UK Licensed under the Apache License, Version 2.0 (the "License"); you may not use this file except in compliance with the License. You may obtain a copy of the License at http://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0 Unless required by applicable law or agreed to in writing, software distributed under the License is distributed on an "AS IS" BASIS, WITHOUT WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF ANY KIND, either express or implied. See the License for the specific language governing permissions and limitations under the License. HL7® FHIR® standard Copyright © 2011+ HL7 The HL7® FHIR® standard is used under the FHIR license. You may obtain a copy of the FHIR license at https://www.hl7.org/fhir/license.html.
Developed and authored by UK Core Development Team and published by HL7 UK.