This profile provides guidance on implementing the IHE Mobile Alert Communication Management (mACM) in the UK.
Elements of Structured Data Capture are are currently included in this guide, it is envisaged these will be separated out into a separate profile.
The mACM Profile provides the infrastructural components needed to send short, unstructured text alerts to human recipients and can record the outcomes of any human interactions upon receipt of the alert. The mACM Profile additionally allows for a feedback mechanism to determine the status of an alert through the use of alert statuses.
Recognizing that there are many health care workflows that could leverage a notification mechanism, it is not the aim of this profile to describe all of these workflows. Instead, this profile will limit considerations to three use cases:
Use Case #1: Crisis Response, covers the distribution of notifications to health workers.
Use Case #2: Care Reminders, covers the distribution of notifications to care givers and subjects of care based on upcoming or missed appointments as defined, medication reminders and other similar patient care reminders. The infrastructural components of the mACM Profile are reusable beyond the use cases described in this profile. In the UK this will also cover:
- Use Case #3: Care Form Based Data Capture, which covers the requesting of information from patients such as inpatient admission questionnaires, registration and the corresponding responses.
The mACM Profile:
- defines a transaction, Mobile Report Alert, which is suitable for mobile devices and non-clinical contexts;
- defines a transaction, Search - Communication and Search - CommunicationRequest, which allows an originator of an alert to receive all status updates on alert that it reported;
- supports alerting in national deployment and cross-enterprise contexts in addition to a controlled health delivery network;
- supports interaction with the public, such as appointment reminders, on a broad a variety of devices, interaction timings and platforms.
|Event Notifications and Subscriptions||HL7 FHIR Events - Alert Communication Management|
API's Implementing this profile
|NHS App API||Mobile Report Alert (consumer)|
|Electronic Prescription FHIR API||Mobile Report Alert (producer) - future|
|e-Referral Service - FHIR API||Mobile Report Alert (producer) - future|
|COVID-19 Medical Exemptions - FHIR API||Query Form Results|