FHIR Interface for SAP Patient Management
This implementation guide describes the use cases and resources of the FHIR Interface for SAP Patient Management from the release EhP8 SP27 (EhP7 SP39) on, covering FHIR Version SAP_ISH_R4_GV2.
With these support packages a new FHIR Version SAP_ISH_R4_GV2 is available. The most important changes compared to the FHIR version SAP_ISH_R4_GEN can be found in the release notes. In short these are:
- Introduction of "must support" flag for all profiles (see details here)
- Important Changes in the patient and in the encounter profiles
- Definition of SAP Terminology for some codesystems and valueSets.
Both FHIR versions, SAP_ISH_R4_GEN and SAP_ISH_R4_GV2 are supported in parallel and can be used in your custom version.
Visit the SAP pages for more details on the SAP Patient Management FHIR interface.
In the section "Integrate" of the SAP Help Portal you can find the following guides (make sure that you select the release you are using):
- the Integration Guide for Outbound FHIR Messaging
- the Configuration Guide FHIR Interface for SAP Patient Management
- the Developer Guide for IS-H FHIR Extensibility.
SAP note 2963681 gives more details on the mapping for SAP Patient Management entities and attributes to FHIR resources and elements.
Here is the link to corresponding the Simplifier project.
NOTE: the FHIR Version SAP_ISH_R4_GEN is no longer supported and replaced by FHIR version SAP_ISH_R4_GV2.
- Use Cases
- SAP Profiles
- SAP Extensions
- SAP Terminology